Thursday, August 23, 2007

# 15 and # 18 (again)

This is a blogpost I tried to create using Google Doc. I created it, but couldn't publish it my blog. Don't know why. The computer kept "hanging up" everytime I hit publish!
Argh!!!!! I've spent 45 minutes trying to get this to work, and it won't!
When I used Zoho Writer, it worked just fine! So I just "copied" and "pasted" this time!

Checked out Library and Web 2.0 and the perspectives on the future. I've only been a librarian for a year...I had no idea there were so many things to think about. But many of the perspectives make perfect sense. Libraries should be accessible and usable to everyone, not just our traditional customers that read books. Libraries are places for gaining knowledge and accessing information. Adding Internet access and expanding its capabilities within our system is great. Currently, our system has had to block those sites with streaming video until we complete a Bandwith upgrade. Yes, without My Space, the place has been a lot quieter, but without My Space those young people aren't coming to the library anymore. They're not checking out books at this point, but they might....
I LOVE the idea Worldcat for anyone to use! Before I became a librarian, I felt uncomfortable asking the Librarian to find books for me from other libraries. As a Librarian I can do it myself now, but what about everyone else? Unless we tell them about World Cat, how will they know????
Year One as a Librarian...I still have a lot to learn, but I guess some of it will be learned alongside a lot more experienced Librarians!

No comments:

Yahoo! Avatars U.K. & Ireland

Falling water

Falling water